Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Perdue's Bar and Grill


I work in a restaurant called Perdue's Bar and Grill. The restaurant is owned by a couple named Tim and Tracy Perdue's.  That’s how the restaurant got its name. Perdue's is been open for two years. I can't believe it has been that long since it has been open. I started working at Perdue's three days after it open. I just got back for a trip to Brazil for a friends wedding. When I got home I wanted to get a job so my dad told me that a restaurant just open and they were looking for help. The next day I went there with my sister and I decided to go and talk to Tracy. I walk to her and I said;
“High my name is Andrea Giovanetto and I was wondering if I could have an application?”
“NO” Tracy said
I was like “oh” and I was ready to walk away when she said:
“You don’ t need an application because you are hired! When can you start?”
“Whenever you need me to” I said really excited.
“Can you start tomorrow?” Tracy said.
I said “YES” that’s how I started working at Perdue’s. I was really excited when I started working because I worked really close to my house so I could walk anytime I wanted. I enjoy working at Perdue's because I really like my bosses and I like everyone that I work with. Another thing that I like about working at Perdue's is because my boss works with my school hours and my babysitting hours. They know that school is very important to me so they never make me choose between school and work. My bosses also schedule me to work when I want to and when it works better for me. When I got hired my job was to do dishes and make pizzas. Since I had been working there I learned a lot of new things. I learned to prep food and I also learn how to cook. When I started cooking I enjoyed it very much but I realized it was harder than I though. The cooks that I work with made cooking look easy. My favorite thing that I enjoy cooking is Burgers and I also like cooking pasta. I enjoy working at Perdue’s because is always fun and you never know what is going to happen when you work. I love my boss and my coworkers.

1 comment: